Alaska Age Group Championship
Age Group Championships
Mike Smithers Pool – Ketchikan, AK
Hosted by Ketchikan Killer Whales Swim Club
Sanction by USA Swimming and Alaska Swimming Sanction # 2979
Location: Mike Smithers Community Pool
2610 Fourth Ave.
Date: December 5-7, 2008
Facility: 25 yard pool with separated warm-up/warm-down pool)...Six lanes with flow-thru lane lines. Colorado Timing System with touch pads, two-button manual back up, six lane electronic timing display board and horn/strobe start. Also, three hand-held digital watches per lane.
Meet Times: Warm-up Start
Friday 7:00am 9:00am
Saturday 7:00am 9:00am
Sunday 7:00am 9:00am
- There will be a break of at least two (2) hours between preliminaries and finals, with the pool being available for warm-up, the last hour.
- A warm-up schedule for preliminaries will be sent to participating teams, following the deadline for entries.
- Warm-ups will be conducted in accordance with Alaska Swimming Warm-up/Warm-down procedures.
- Coaches/Officials Meetings: There will be a coaches and officials meeting just prior to the beginning of the meet on Friday.
- Eligibility: Open to all Alaska Swimmers ages 14&Under as of the first day of the competition and currently registered as athlete members with USA Swimming and Alaska Swimming or FINA. Swimmers must swim in the age bracket corresponding to their age on the first day of the meet.